Rasler Ramblings

Rasler Ramblings

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I could use your help :)

I have recently, VERY recently, decided to go with my church to Thailand & Cambodia to visit Asia's Hope.  As a church, we have two orphanages we sponsor specifically.  A couple of years ago, before Galen & I started attending Grace, our pastor challenged our church to raise enough money to build another orphanage for Asia's Hope.  They were so moved that they raised enough for TWO orphanages that Sunday morning!  Ever since then, our church has seen these kids as OUR kids, OUR responsibility. So about every 9 or 10 months another group from Grace goes over just to love on those kids.  We'll also help with whatever projects need to be worked on.  This past Spring, our church was once again challenged and we raised enough money to build a home for one of our orphanges.  Before they had only rented their building.

Personally, I've been really excited and challenged to go.  Reading the book Heaven is For Real by 4 year old Colton Burpo (actually written by dad, but about his young son's story) tells his dad that Jesus really loves kids.  He continues to remind his parents about that truth throughout the book, and when I questioned if God really wanted me to do this I heard, "Kelli, Jesus REALLY loves children."  And after losing my child last year, I am ready to go love on others who don't have parents of their own.

This trip will cost $3500.  I'm excited to say, I have a tenth of it already paid for! Woohoo!  Galen & I are prepared to make our own financial contribution to this trip, but we can't do it all.  And this is where I could use your help.  Would you PRAYERFULLY consider giving any amount?  If I had 320 people give $10 or 160 give $20 I could have this trip paid for in full!  But here's the thing, I don't want you to feel guilty. You can't help everyone and if you're like me, we always get support letters.  So if you don't feel like God is leading you to give, that's fine.  We are still friends :)  But if you could give any amount, even just $10, it'd be appreciated!

Thanks for reading!
-Kelli


If you would like to give you can copy and paste the bottom portion of this and mail it in with a check:

Kelli Rasler

Thailand & Cambodia
Asia’s Hope

Name and address: __________________________________________________________________________

Phone: __________________________________
Email: ___________________________________________

I would like to donate

____$10_____$25 _____$50 _____$75 _____$100 ______ Other

Please make checks payable to Grace Community Church. Please send this form with your check to:
Grace Community Church
20076 CR 36
Goshen, IN 46526

Your contribution will be tax deductible, just make sure you don't put my name on the check! Thanks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment