Quick little update on my trip to Thailand & Cambodia. Just over 4 weeks til I leave. Oh my gosh. I have shots to get and I just sent in for my passport. Yeah, I really like to make my life more stressful sometimes...!
Anyway, wanted to give a quick update on how prepping for this trip is going. I first of all have to say THANK YOU to all who have supported me financially. So far, I have $1050 (nearly a third) raised for my trip!! What a blessing! I am so thrilled and grateful for those who've said they'd give and those who've said they will be praying. I couldn't do this trip without your support... so thank you, thank you, thank you! And just thanks for reading this blog! :)
Little sidenote here, if you'd like to support me, we will be having a car wash THIS WEEKEND {July 2nd} Here is the information from facebook ... Asia's Hope Car Wash. I'd love to see you there. It's just downtown Goshen at the Wagon Wheel parking lot. Or you can always send in money to my church (check my last post for information) it's not to late to give! :)
I'm really shocked this trip is coming up so quickly and has really begun forcing me to focus. In our informational meeting about this trip, Pastor Jim warned that as soon as we commit to going on this trip a large X will appear on our back and we can start expecting things to go wrong. It would be satan's attempt to discourage our resolve to go. Well, I have thought about that statement quite a bit and have gone on enough trips to understand what Pastor Jim was talking about. But this time around, (at least not so far), I'm not feeling like my world is colliding and falling a part. But satan doesn't have to do that. All he has to do is keep me from spending time with God. And unfortunately, with a change in schedule and routine, (school's out for summer, photography is keeping me busy) I have found myself spending less and less time with God. So while I have been prepared for the world to collapse, I haven't been good about protecting my time with God. And that needs to change.
I know I'm so on again, off again about blogging (but when you have two to keep up with.... :) but I am going to attempt to blog about how God is preparing my heart for this trip. I'd love it if you'd stay tuned and keep me accountable.
That's all for now. Be blessed! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment