Rasler Ramblings

Rasler Ramblings

Monday, July 18, 2011

I must have a giant X on my back...

because my stress level and plate load is getting quite heavy.  And by giant X on my back, I'm referring to the fact that I'm leaving on a missions trip in two weeks. I don't know if any of you can relate, but I feel like I'm the type of person who can deal with stressful situations for awhile, even a LONG while, and then it's one more thing and I lose it. Of course, like many of you, I like to have it together. Unfortunately, I sometimes go on through life trying to juggle this balancing act. People may offer to help, but no, it's okay I got it. Did I also mention I'm stubborn and independent, too? Fatal combination I fear.  




 Through all the years of Christian education, sermons and various other trips I've been on, I'm very aware of the fact there is spiritual warfare.  Satan doesn't want ministry to take place, instead he'd rather keep me from doing anything at all.  Now do I realize stressful situations occur to other people who aren't going on trips?  Absolutely, but within the last week all of these things have taken place. 


But I have learned am still learning to depend upon God.  So many times God has provided what I've needed when I needed it (and not when I THOUGHT I did.)  Anyway, I often find myself in between trusting God and asking, when Lord, WHEN?  I'm learning to practice patience in the process.  God, did I ask for that?  Because if I did, I take it back!  Just kidding!  But seriously....  :)


I have a list below of seemingly stressful situations, one in and of itself isn't so bad, but I keep getting handed plates and the load is getting heavy.

What's on my plate you may ask?  Here's a brief list.
-Dropped my phone in the toilet, and no I didn't have that expensive insurance
-Buying a new phone
-A/C in car just went out
-Battery light on car turned on
-one of my lenses for my camera broke or doesn't work or whatever you want to say
-Need to get my shots for my trip

-Haven't gotten my passport back yet
-Need to raise $2300 for my Asia's Hope trip that I leave for in TWO weeks

Today as I was driving to the grocery store, I just started to get teary eyed. Ahhhhhhhhhhh, I can't do this I prayed.  Then I asked God if he had any blessings in store for me today, I could certainly use them.    Later when I went to the grocery store, I was putting back a regular pack of Pepsi for diet when an older Pepsi man, who was standing there, said I'd be charged a $5 restocking fee.  I looked at him and smiled and said, "Oh yeah?"  He started laughing and so did I.  It felt so good to laugh I almost started crying.  It may sound silly to you, but I really needed to laugh. 

After being at Momentum this week one of the speakers, David Nasser, said something very profound.  He said, "I'm not doubting that the thing you are facing is bigger than you, I'm just reminding you that my God is bigger than your situation." Praying I remember that truth today.

No comments:

Post a Comment