Rasler Ramblings

Rasler Ramblings

Monday, July 25, 2011

why did I fret?

{Psalm 31:14}
But I trust in you, O LORD; I say "You are my God."

Seven days later, and I am blown away by God's faithfulness.  I shouldn't be, I know God is faithful, but wow, when he comes through it's nothing short of amazing.  So last week at this time I had more gray hairs appear than I had in months (years, even!)  To recap, in case you didn't read my last post, no passport, no shots, no teacher license, no phone, lens broke and low funds for my trip.  And on Thursday, I needed to add $1000 car bill because air conditioning and alternator went out. 

God provided and abundantly blessed me so much that I wanted to make sure I share about His provisions.  First of all, my camera lens.  Very essential to have and use when I'm so busy doing photography this summer as a job!  As I was coming home, I noticed it wasn't really working, frustrated I thought what am I going to do?  But for some reason earlier that week I had decided to rent another lens because I was looking to buy it.  Anyway, guess when that lens was due to arrive?? THE NEXT DAY! WOW! 

As for the funds, I got an update from my church, and support from people I didn't really even know!  Last week, God provided another $625 and like I said, some was from people I didn't know or weren't very close to, but wanted to support me anyway!  I'm blown away by that kind of generosity!  I still have $1685 to go, but how last week really lifted my spirits.  I should also mention I feel blessed by anything that people have chosen to give me, prayers, $5, whatever... I am blessed!

Still waiting on the passport, but the good news, after calling twice, is that they finally have all the correct documents.  That in itself is a hoop-la and a long story, but the fact they have everything I need gives me peace of mind.

Teacher license got approved.  Apparently, there were two applications open... somehow.  So whatever, I have a job this fall still :)

Shots.  I don't like shots.  I HATE SHOTS.  After last week running around like a chicken with my head cut off (oh yeah, this is the time my A/C stopped working too in stop and go traffic) I got my appointment set and went.  I was supposed to get 5 shots, but the nurse didn't think the records I gave her were correct so she checked with the state.  Found out, I really only needed two! WOOHOO! I, a 26- year-old, let out a squeal of excitement and high-fived the nurse.  She told me I could take pills for the Typhoid since I had already had it a couple of years ago.  Boo -yah!

As for the car, it was a bad situation gone to worse.  We took the car into the shop and it was driveable.  We went to take the car home (and wait for the repairs until my trip was paid for) and it didn't drive home at all.  Great.  $1000 and my car doesn't work.  Fantastic.  Well, we got it charged up overnight, picked it up the next day and got it home.  Galen, who is so good about anything mechanical, tore into the car himself the next night.  Changed the alternator and the car worked great.  Better yet, the A/C started working!!  Galen didn't do anything with the air because he didn't know how to change a dead compressor, but miraculously it started blowing ice cold air!  Thanks God!

This is just a quick summation of the blessings I experienced, I can't even begin to mention all the little conversations and bits of encouragement I received from you all.  Times that are trying can be difficult in ones faith because when I pray I tell God, you know I want to trust and believe you, but I don't want to sit here and sound like I'm trying to manipulate you into doing what I want.  Luckily, I serve a God who isn't manipulated, but instead is just gracious and loving.  I've been reading through the Psalms and can relate to David.  One chapter David is proclaiming victory over his enemies and the next he is asking God, when?  When will you vindicate me?  That has been my own walk this week.

"Even if we are faithless, he remains faithful, for he cannot disown himself" 2 Timothy 2:13

No comments:

Post a Comment