Rasler Ramblings

Rasler Ramblings

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Well, I'm all packed...

...and ready to go.  I got hit with the feeling I'm getting married all over again.  By that I meant, I'm super excited about what is to come, but ready to be done with the preparations.  JUST GET ME THERE ALREADY! :)

I have to say I'm pretty proud of myself.  Packed in a duffle bag and a backpack.  I've traveled internationally too many times and know how beneficial it is to travel light.  Especially when you have to run across airports to try and catch the last connecting flight for the evening.... just sayin' :)

But before I get too far along in this blogpost, I want to say a quick thank you to YOU.  My reader.  Maybe we're only acquaintances, but you've taken the time to read the posts about my life.  I know how the world of cyber stalking goes, and so with that, thanks for reading :)  I also want to say I'm incredibly grateful for the people who have financially supported me, who have committed to be in prayer for me, those who've loaned me items to borrow (so I don't have to buy them myself!),  those of you who've prayed for me and haven't even told me about it and once again those who've solely read.  You are awesome!!

Am I ready?  Sure I am.  What about emotionally?  To be honest I don't know.  I'm going to encounter a culture not my own, and one that I have no familiarity with.  I don't even know how to say hello in their native language!  This trip is so different from my many other travels and missions trips.  Before there was some sort of work or task at hand.  The only task here is to go love and encourage OUR orphans, OUR kids. The other day I was reading and looking through the list of the children at the different Asia's Hope orphanages.  Mom ran away.  Parents died of disease.  And it
just
breaks
my
heart. 

I can only imagine my response.  Pastor Jim told me today when we leave them and say goodbye, many of the kids will just weep and cry.   I'm not always the most vulnerable person around people, I like to be strong.  In fact, sometimes showing that kind of "mushy" emotion scares me. But having lost my own baby, I feel like there is a part of me (that wouldn't necessarily have done quite so freely before) that will just allow myself to love them.  Be praying, this isn't going to be easy for me.

Some of you have asked how to pray, here's a quick list:
-safety/protection for the team
-that I can accurately represent Christ to my teammates, my flight buddies, the children and anyone else I encounter
-that I can be on mission and where there is an opportunity to share Christ, I will.
-that I travel well.  37 hour travel time including a 20 hour flight and ending with a 5 hour bus ride (did I mention I hate heights, have motion sickness and get restless??!!)
-that the Lord will change me and my heart

Heard a new song (well, new to me) and really fallen in love with the chorus:

"When I feel afraid I will trust in You/When I'm overcome I will cling unto the Rock that is higher/He is higher/The Rock that is higher" {michael ketterer "the rock"}

As I go into unknown, dark territory, I'm remembering these truths. Amen and amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment