Rasler Ramblings

Rasler Ramblings

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Not letting go


"I don't know where you are on the timeline between praying through and breaking through. Maybe you're at day one; maybe you're at day twenty. Either way, you can pray with a holy confidence, knowing that with each prayer circle you are one prayer closer. Don't give up."



Lord, I am declaring a fast. I don't know what else to do. While I respect the wisdom and knowledge you have given to  the doctors, I believe Your healing power trumps their understanding.  It's so easy to barter with You God and say, if You do this, I'll do that.  Well, I'm going to do the opposite....  I am going to commit to the things I have written below UNTIL you have fully and completely brought healing to Galen's body.  And God, that's a big request (to me and the medical world) because going into remission isn't good enough to the medical field.  Remission doesn't equal healing for Galen. So Lord, I'm asking for the type of healing where Galen will not have to continue his treatment.  No prescriptions, no chemo, nothing at all.  We will pray for wisdom and discernment for Galen's doctors and trust their care, however, Lord, Your healing is greater.  The only thing that will cancel this fast is that request being fulfilled.  Lord, I'm not letting go of Your garment and I don't know how else to show You that I believe in Your healing power.  So, Lord, I know you do things in Your time, but know, for however long You choose, I will continue to trust you, praise you and circle this request in prayer.  Thanks God for going before us, holding us in Your arms and for all the good You will bring from this awful disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment