Rasler Ramblings

Rasler Ramblings

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Why not me?


Why not me?
This world is full of pain.
It is full of suffering.
People lose parents.
Parents lose children.
Jobs are lost.
Wars break out.
Diseases spread.
Children are exploited.
People are starving.
Couples experience infertility.
Injustice is prevalent.
It is broken.

And how I am thankful this world is not my home. After I die, I can look forward to an eternity with my Savior.  A place where there is no more pain and no more suffering.  So, my faith won't rest here, nor will it rest in humanity.  My faith is built upon the firm foundation of Jesus Christ.  My assurance comes from Jesus who was raised by God and conquered the grave.

And being a follower of Christ doesn't exempt me or any of us the pain this world so "graciously" gives.  And can I have a moment of honesty here?  I'd prefer to be exempted.  I'd prefer not to see suffering happen to anyone.  It's painful. It hurts. And I don't like it.  And I don't want it.

So we all experience pain and disappointments that come in many facets.  But I have Jesus.  And that means everything. The Lord promises me I won't walk through this all without His guiding hand. (Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil - Psalm 23). He promises me, If I allow Him to, to take my experience, my ashes, and make them into beautiful things (Isaiah 61:3). He promises to take what was meant to harm me and make good out of it (Genesis 50:20).

Quite frankly, I don't know what's going to happen.  I don't know if the Lord is going to heal Galen or if He will allow us to walk the road traveled by many called, "cancer".  But I do know anything I experience happens only because God has allowed me to walk through it.  He commands my destiny and there is NOTHING that can be brought upon me that He hasn't allowed.  And it's not because He thinks I'm strong enough to handle it.  That's the biggest lie out there.  I don't go through anything because God thinks I can handle it.... and neither do you.  I'm not supposed to be able to deal with any of this on my own.  It's in those moments I'm drowning in sorrow and being overcome in my fears when I rely on my Rock, Jesus to deliver me. And He does.  Every time.  He gives me peace and strength to continue to put one foot in front of the other as I walk through the valley of the shadow of death.  Him allowing me to walk this road, if He so chooses, mind you, doesn't diminish His Almighty Power.  He has the power to heal and to deliver.   I don't understand His Will and I don't think it's my place to try and understand the mind of the Creator of the Universe.  I can, however, ask for peace and be able to rest in His will, whatever that may be.

So, Lord, I ask three things from you, whatever your decision and whatever your will is, please answer these three things:
1) Don't leave me the same person I was - refine me and make me more like you.
2) Give me strength
3)Lord, get the glory. 

Give Me Jesus (Jeremy Camp)
In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise

Give me Jesus.
Give me Jesus, 
Give me Jesus.

You can have all this world,
Just give me Jesus.

When I am alone,
When I am alone, 
When I am alone,
Give me Jesus.

Give me Jesus.
Give me Jesus, 
Give me Jesus.

You can have all this world,
Just give me Jesus.

When I come to die,
When I come to die,
When I come to die,
Give me Jesus.

Give me Jesus.
Give me Jesus, 
Give me Jesus.
You can have all this world,
Just give me Jesus.

Give me Jesus.
Give me Jesus, 
Give me Jesus.
You can have all this world,
You can have all this world, 
You can have all this world, 
Just give me Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment